Life

Life

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Vista User Profile Problem

Today I encountered the vista user profile problem, as thousands of others. The operating system can not be logged in and it reports that errors happen when loading user profile.

My first attack to this problem is, of course, restarting the computer, which does not work. Then I google this problem, and find a way to log into vista by the safe mode. I check the user profile service as suggested, and find nothing wrong. Restart the computer, and the problem persists. This is the very time that I start to be panic. Further search online shows that it is probably due to the wrong key in the registry. Log in by the safe mode again, and check the registry. In the "profilelist", find the corrupted key name, which is added by ".bak". Change it back, and the problem is fixed:)

No comments: